“Back To School” Checklist:
Please don't hesitate to call the middle school at 706.660.9683 if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you August 12 at 1:00 for classroom visitation.
Changes to the dress code options for the upcoming year:
- A white performance texture shirt is available for intermediate school boys.
- The turtleneck shirts are unisex for both boys and girls.
- A navy ponté skort option available to girls in all grades. This is in addition to the navy knit skort offered last year.
- And there were some changes to acceptable shoes, which now include boots! Options for shoes are:
- Shoes should be safe and comfortable for school, outside play, and P.E.
- Shoes (with the exception of tennis shoes) must be predominantly white, dark blue, brown, gray, or black.
- Any color combination is acceptable for tennis shoes. There are no requirements on color for tennis shoes.
- Boots of any kind (including rain-boots) must be solid brown, dark blue, or black. Boots may not have any type of markings or designs.
- Rubber soled shoes are required for P.E. (a spare pair of tennis shoes may be left in the classroom and students may change into these tennis shoes for PE class.)
- Shoes must cover feet completely.
- No sandals, clogs, shoes with wheels, heels, or wedges are permitted.
For all uniform guidelines visit the Middle School, Standardized Dress tab, under School Life on the Brookstone School web page.
Back to school shopping can be done online at Lands' End or in the Cougar Shoppe. And don't forget about the Cougar Closet, the BPA Used Uniform Sale, scheduled for August 12th outside the Kirven Building at 10:00 AM. This will be your opportunity to purchase gently used uniform items. In fact we are still collecting gently used uniform items to be included in this sale. Donations may be dropped off in the Kirven Building.
The Cougar Shoppe will have extended hours the first week of school: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.