- Build strong academic, language, mathematics and critical thinking skills by taking challenging courses.
- Study hard and get excellent grades.
- Strengthen your vocabulary by increasing your reading.
- Become involved in co-curricular activities.
- You will take the PSAT in October. The results will not be used for college admission.
- Meet with your advisor and discuss your plans for the next four years.
- Browse through college literature or surf the Web to get an idea of what kinds of schools may be of interest to you.
- Check out what high school courses colleges require.
- Know NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) requirements if you want to play sports in college.
- Keep an academic portfolio and extracurricular resume.
- Research career possibilities.